Sunday, February 27, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

As expected, didn't get much done this week, particularly since most weeks I tend to wait for the weekend to do anything and this weekend wasn't available. The show on Friday night was quite good, and the workshop this weekend was quite informative. Anyway, on with the show...
  1. Updating. Still here - 9 out of 9.
  2. New job. I haven't heard back from the French exam (with my undoubtedly poor marks) yet. I did, however, find out that the company I had an interview with last week will not be pursuing my application further, which was not unexpected considering how the interview went. 
  3. Room cleaning. Not much happened on that score this week. I have the night off tonight so I should be awake tomorrow and plan to get a bunch of stuff done then. 
  4. Lose weight. Same as always.
  5. Gym twice per week. I did go three times this week. Yay! I am hoping to go three times again this week and then try for four next week. We'll see how it goes.
  6. Old books and clothes. Books are still on the floor. Will try to get to it tomorrow.
  7. Swear less. I don't think I've been swearing as much as usual this week. 
  8. Dance practice. Sadly I didn't get to practice twice per day last week. Honestly, my performance wasn't as good as it could have been. My mind wasn't completely where it should have been when I was dancing. The workshop this weekend really gave me some stuff to work on. We talked about being completely present in your dance whether you are just practising or performing. We also talked about the importance of dance expression. I found it really interesting and informative. There are a lot of things that we talked about that I want to incorporate into my own practice. 
Anyway, I had a great time this weekend. It was great seeing Beatbox Guitar and Ariellah perform live. I have a lot of stuff to think about now too.

In other news, my niece is turning 7 tomorrow-ish. I can't believe it - she's growing up so fast. Anyway, Happy Birthday Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment