Sunday, May 8, 2011

My ongoing war with stairs....

Not a really eventful week. Other than me falling down another set of stairs. This time there were two of them. I did manage to hurt myself this time though. I was walking out of the house to go to work on Thursday night, carrying my work backpack, my gym bag and the recycling to put at the curb when I stumbled and fell down the two steps leading to the driveway. Pretty sure this leaves only two sets of stairs on my property that I haven't fallen down. This time I sprained my ankle and skinned both knees. My right knee is also a bit inflamed so I can't put any pressure on it. I went into anyway but they sent me home since I was quite obviously in pain. I went to the doctor on Friday morning and he sent me for X-rays just to make sure that there wasn't a fracture. I went to the doctor again today to get my knee checked out. Yes, this does mean that I've fallen down 3 different sets of stairs in a month and a half. Hopefully, I won't fall down anymore stairs for awhile.

Anyway, how did I do with my resolutions this week? Let's see:

  1. Updating the blog. Here I am. 19 for 19.
  2. Getting a new job. Nothing new to report here. Sadly..I've been keeping an eye out on the job boards but other than that, not much.
  3. Room cleaning. I did my laundry, which means I have less stuff on the floor. So, that's progress I guess. 
  4. Lose weight. The scale is standing by it's opinion that I've lost a few pounds, so WOOHOO!!!
  5. Going to the gym. Well, I made it twice this week before 'the incident'. I didn't go to Zumba though. I might go to the gym this week- going to take it easy though and mostly focus on ab work so I don't put too much pressure on my ankle.
  6. Old books and clothes. Nothing new to report here.
  7. Swear less. Not gonna lie, a few choice words may have escaped my lips after falling down the stairs.
  8. Dance practice. I went to class on Tuesday. I practised the new choreography a few times a day - not so much since I hurt my ankle though. Trying to take it a bit easier so I can get through class on Tuesday.
Anyway, Happy Mother's Day. I hope you all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment