Monday, June 13, 2011

Agh. Late again

I guess the new job is kinda messing with my updating schedule. Or I should remember to update before I go into my older job at 10pm. I really don't feel like updating when I get in at 2am. The new job is going okay though. I like that it's something I can mostly do at my own pace. Hopefully I can get more hours with it, than I am currently.
  1. Updating this blog. It almost didn't happen this week but here I am. 24 for 24.
  2. Getting a new job. As I mentioned before, the new job is going okay. I may have to look into something else too. I do have more time now that I am not working overnight five days a week and thus not sleeping during the day all the time. I am not used to being in the sun this much!!! So I picked up an application from Sephora - which is an odd choice considering I know nothing about makeup, but with performing I do need to learn. A friend of mine that works there suggested it. My sister also sent me a link about a different job that I should look into. 
  3. Room cleaning. It's not clean exactly by any stretch of the imagination. But I can see the floor. My job for this week is putting the DVDs that have migrated away back into the shelf, getting rid of the pop cans, and actually putting my dance stuff back in my under bed bin.
  4. Lose weight. I actually think I did lose some weight this week - which makes sense, I've been walking enough.
  5. Going to the gym. No Zumba this week - work happened instead. I did go to the gym twice thought. It turns out that going to the gym between 11 and 12 at night is enjoyable. It's a little busy but not too bad. I can use whatever machines I want. I can use the locker that I like. AND I can use the mats. 
  6. Old books and clothes. Not so much.
  7. Swear less. I think I am getting better at the Mario Brothers game - I don't think I swore at it too much this week. 
  8. Dance practice. I had dance practice on Monday, dance class on Tuesday and then I met one of the other girls for costuming stuff and to run through the dance a couple times on Saturday. I also practiced the dance a few times on my own. The show is on Tuesday so I should practice a bit more over the next couple days.
So costuming...One of the other girls I am dancing with took the costuming aspect into her own hands, which..THANK JEBUS. The costuming aspect of dance is the part that gives me panic attacks. I much prefer leaving it to other people to figure out. She did give me some pant legs  that I was supposed to fit to my leg and hem. Luckily, I found the trick to sewing at my house. What I do is I take so long and mess up so much that Colette decides that if she ever wants to play the Mario Brothers game again it would be better for her to do it for me. She is a lifesaver. Thanks, Colette.
So anyway, hopefully the costumes work out and the performance goes well.
Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment