Friday, August 14, 2009

Picking up where I left off....

Two years ago, when I was going to school in Boston, one of the clinical supervisors held a knitting class every Wednesday night which I quite enjoyed. I had tried knitting when I was younger but I never really got the hang of it then. The knitting class really helped me relearn and I even learned how to pearl. Anyway, knitting also got me back interested in crocheting which I have done probably since I was ten or so. I bought wool and a plastic crotchet hook and got to work making the hot pad type thing I learned how to make from my aunt many years ago.

The ball of wool I had also had the instructions for a baby blanket, so I started making that. Not long after, I found out that one of my cousins was pregnant. Perfect. At one point in the process, I squeezed the crochet hook so hard it bent right half and broke, so I had to go buy another hook (metal this time) along with some more wool for the blanket. I promptly got bored crocheting and let it be.

The other day, I found the half - made (more like 1/4 made) blanket, the wool (with the all -important instructions) and the hook and got back to work. It will probably be a rather small blanket because I don't have nearly enough wool and there is no way in he..ck that I am going to find the same type of wool let alone from the same dye lot...but that is okay. A small blanket is okay - it is for a baby after all. In other news, the baby I had thought to make the blanket for is now a year and a half old...so I probably won't be giving it to him. I know a couple other people who are pregnant now though so there is somewhere for it to go.....provided it doesn't take me another two years to finish. Anyway, today's favourite thing is crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment