Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oddly exciting while also kinda gross....

Today, I had an appointment with the otolaryngologist or for people who use normal language - the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor. Back in January, I had an ultrasound done on my thyroid and this was a follow up appointment. While I was waiting for the appointment in the examination room, I was looking at all the posters of the ears on the wall which completely reminded me of my time at school studying to be an SLP. If that wasn't enough, the doctor decided he had to look at my vocal cords so he stuck a camera down my nose. While it wasn't exactly comfortable in any sense of the word, I was oddly excited because while I was in school I kept hearing about that test. It was cool to actually have it performed on me. Having said that, if I never have it done on my again, I would be quite happy. So today's favourite thing is experiencing something I had only ever heard about before.

No comments:

Post a Comment