Saturday, January 22, 2011

Titles are hard..

Wow, I think updating once a week is working out much better than everyday. So far at least. The hardest part is thinking of a title...which I suck at. Pretty much a work and sleep sort of week again. I did go to the mall yesterday for a bit. I bought myself a scarf and a wallet, which I am happy with. I saw a similar wallet at the Bay last week but it was $70 and I didn't really want to pay that much. The wallet I bought was $40 less, which still means it was $30 but that is much better anyway. On to my resolutions.....

  1. Update once a week. Yay, 4 for 4. I kind of want to write a non-resolution post sometime but who knows when that will happen.
  2. Get a new job. I applied for a few more jobs this week. Haven't heard back from anywhere yet. I should look into computer and French language classes in the community or online to enhance my skills. The trouble with looking for a job in Ottawa is that everywhere seems to require some level of bilingualism and, while I understand and speak a little French, I am no where near bilingual and the French I do have is a bit rusty.
  3. Cleaning my room. Well, my chairs have not been cleaned off yet, so that was a fail. I will try to get to it next week. I did go through my clothes shelves to organize and get rid of the stuff I don't need anymore. I should go through the closet upstairs and do the same thing. I did manage to put most of my clothes in the shelving unit, though I don't have a place for my underwear yet. Next weeks job, I guess. Also, my floor is getting cluttered again, so I should clean that up again.
  4. Lose some weight. I am still holding steady at the same weight. I think I am now a couple pounds down but I am not really counting on it.
  5. Go to the gym twice a week. Yay, I did it. I actually exceeded by going three times instead. YAY!!! Also, Tuesday morning I used the elliptical for the first time since probably September and I did better than I normally do. I don't know what unit of distance they use on the machines but whatever unit they use I went an entire one (km or mile or whatever) in under 10 minutes (if that makes any sense). Before it took over ten minutes for me to do that. I was pretty dead by the end but I was quite happy with myself.
  6. Go through old clothes and books. As I said earlier in the post, I went through most of my clothes this week. Colette wants me to go through my books this week so I can take them in (and take hers too). So that's next weeks goal. It has the added bonus of getting them off my floor, so that helps my other goal.
  7. Swear less. I have decided that this is a very hard goal to quantify. I figure I am going to have to start keeping track of how much I swear everyday and try to swear less each day. I don't think I am swearing as much as I did but it is very hard to judge.
  8. Practice dance everyday. Hasn't happened this week. I did an hour and a half of practice with my teacher on Sunday because we are getting ready for a show. I have been practising my glut squeezes which probably sounds weird, but it is really hard and is something we use all the time. It helps when you try to shimmy while doing something else like a hip figure-eight. Now, squeezing the glut doesn't sound hard but trying to squeeze one than the other in rapid succession while doing something else can get complicated. I end up with a funny look on my face from trying so hard. So I have been practising every day. For a little bit anyway.
So that was my week. I have been a bit sidetracked the last two days because I got Lego Harry Potter for my DS and have gotten a bit addicted. Anyway, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment