Sunday, January 30, 2011

Whoops. A little bit late.

I am a bit late this weekend. I wanted to get at least one of my goals done before I wrote my post this weekend, and I couldn't do it yesterday because I slept pretty much all day yesterday. I got it done today so we're good to go. So on to the resolutions...

  1. Update once a week. Technically it's been 8 days since my last post but I figure as long as I post every weekend, it still counts. So, we're 5 for 5.
  2. Get a new job. I actually had 3 call backs this week. That's about as far as it went. The first call back was from a company with a position in Edmonton. I'm not really ready to move across the country just yet, so that's where I left it. The second call back left a message, I tried calling back and left a voice mail, but I haven't heard anymore. The third one left a voice mail which I didn't find out about until Friday at 8pm which seemed like a poor time to call back. I'll call back first thing tomorrow. Fingers are crossed. I feel like I am making progress now though, so that's good.
  3. Cleaning my room. Now that I look at what I wrote last week, I realize what hasn't been done. I have one of my chairs more organized, so that's progress. The last one, not so much. I really have to get to it though. Looking at what was on one of my chairs, I realize part of the problem is I don't have a specific place to put all of my dance stuff. Back home, I had a container that I would slide under my bed. It was convenient and it didn't take up the same amount of space. Next week for sure, I will clean my chair and clean up my floor clutter. 
  4. Lose some weight. Still holding at the same weight. That doesn't really surprise me. I am happy I am not gaining weight at least. 
  5. Go to the gym twice a week. Made it twice this week again. I may have gone a third time but I hurt my knee and decided to give it a rest. We'll see how I do this week. 
  6. Go through old clothes and books. I brought my books in today, so that's progress. I didn't get much money for them but I am just happy they are out of my house at this point. This week I'll look at my clothes in the closet upstairs again and try to get the ones I don't want anymore out of the house.
  7. Swear less. I don't know. I've noticed myself using the word 'fudge' a lot, but I've also noticed myself swearing. I definitely don't think I am swearing as much as I did before Christmas, so that's good.
  8. Dance practice. I haven't practised everyday. I had a rehearsal with my teacher on Friday night for about an hour. She challenged me to choreograph a dance for myself. I think that is what I want to work on in the next few weeks. This week I want to go through some old videos or YouTube videos to look at moves and combinations, and practice the ones I like. It may help give me ideas when I choose which song I want to dance to.
So anyway, that was my week. Hopefully I'll do better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment