Monday, August 29, 2011

Wow, I am actually getting to this blog relatively on time this week. The first time in a few months, I think. Let's see...on Friday, Colette and I went to a Roller Derby open house. Being that it was the first time on roller skates in years, it took a while to get used to. Halfway through my first lap at the beginning, my legs were begging me to stop. I managed to keep going though. My hamstrings are still pretty sore today - Colette laughs at me when I try going up the stairs, because I say 'Ow' every second step. I fell on my butt a couple times which kinda hurt. I am debating whether I want to keep at it. It was a fun night though.

Other than that, how did I do this week?
  1. Updating this blog. Here I am - on time,even. 35 out of 35.
  2. New job. My boss was supposed to let me know by Friday what was happening with the promotion, but I haven't heard anything yet. I haven't really done much in terms of looking for other jobs this week.
  3. Room cleaning. Room is pretty much in the same state it was in last week. Pieces of wall and foam lying about, etc, etc.
  4. Lose weight. Pretty much the same as last time, although this time there was no lasagna involved at all. There may have been a couple pieces of lemon pie though.
  5. Going to the gym. I went twice this week, yay! The roller skating was a workout and a half too.
  6. Old books and clothes. Same ol', same ol'. Nothing to report.
  7. Swear less. Not so much. In fact, my vocabulary is expanding. Newest addition: 'douchecanoe' which I may have called someone that passed me by going in the bus lane (the word comes from sb-tb.com). Another word, which isn't a swear, that Colette questioned my use of this week is 'banoodles', which I totally stole from thetvtalkpodcast.com
  8. Dance practice. Totally didn't happen this week. Nobody else was able to make it. Probably should have done something on my own, but that didn't happen.
Also this week, I started reading the Mythos Academy young adult series by Jennifer Estep. So far there is one book, 'Touch of Frost', and an ebook prequel, 'First Frost'. It's about a gypsy girl named Gwen Frost, who has the gift of psychometry - the ability to know an objects history just by touching it. She attends Mythos Academy. The stories reference various mythologies including Norse, Greek and Roman. I really enjoyed the first book and the prequel a lot. The next book, 'Kiss of Frost'. comes out, conveniently enough, on my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!!

Anyway, that's all for this week.

Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment