Monday, March 30, 2009

Do you really want me to do that?

I think by now a regular reader of this blog would probably know that I watch quite a bit of television. Pretty much everything I watch, I record (except the poker tournaments and reruns of old shows and Simpsons marathons --wow, considering how many shows I record, I really do watch alot of TV). I find this really nice especially because we can start watching TV shows from the beginning even when they aren't finished recording yet. This is especially nice to skip commercials or to replay something, although occasionally it can be pretty sad. Particularly when you deliberately start watching the show fifteen minutes in just so you can fast forward the commercials. Or worse, pausing the TV just to be able to fast forward it (not that I've ever done that). Lately my sister and I have been watching certain shows live but then come across something my sister wants to replay or pause. Of course, we are watching it live so we can't, so I sarcastically ask if she wants me to play the tape and fast forward to the point she wants to see. Of course, she says yes. I feel a bit foolish but I do (while she mocks me for trying to fast forward too far). I am glad I did but I think in the future, I might just start watching the recording right from the beginning even when we do watch it live just so I can actually pause it without having to fast forward it just to pause it. That being said, today's favourite thing it the Chase-Play function on the DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment