Sunday, March 1, 2009

Somehow, paper is required when printing. Imagine that!

Apparently, I have been relegated to the role of my sister's "office assistant" since I am unemployed and seem to have taken over the computer with the attached printer. As such, I have been doing tasks such as scanning and printing and photocopying. In return, I get such privileges as food, water, a bed to sleep in, a car to drive, and a couple of TVs to watch. You know, the "unessentials." Win-win....win. Today's task was printing, a seemingly simple task. Even upon further analysis, it continued to be pretty simple. It was all well and good but we ran out of appropriate paper for the printer and she needed the printing done by the time she leaves for work tomorrow morning. "Screw gun," I thought, because it's my expletive of choice after hearing it an episode of The Office. So up the stairs I went, to see what my sister thought I should do. It turned out that she may or may not have been sleeping as her bedroom was dark. So I paced beside her door because I wanted to wake her up "unintentionally." She soon came to the same conclusion I did and told me to use the old school paper to print the stuff on. You remember the kind of paper with the holes on the sides, don't you? As I was tearing the holes off and the papers apart, I remember that I used to have fun with those lines of holes, especially when I was extremely bored or was supposed to be doing some sort of assignment. Good times.
In other printing news, apparently the printer took my command for it to collate the pages as more of a suggestion, as, it didn't. That made my triumph in figuring out how to make it print back-to-front rather than front-to-back rather unnecessarily.

1 comment:

  1. The shocking part is that I had to say your name 3 times before you answered.

    ReplyDelete