Friday, June 26, 2009

All the things we hold near and dear to our hearts....

Today was quite the day. I really don't know what to say about it other than that I am still quite in shock. To have two celebrities die in the same day (and not just minor celebrities, but actual icons. ) is quite unnerving (for lack of a better word - there probably is a better word, but I can't think of it). It took a long time for me actually process the fact that Michael Jackson had died and I don't think I have yet. I had known that Farrah Fawcett was ill so it wasn't the same type of shock but it is still sad. My thoughts go out to their friends and families.

Now on to my favourite thing - which that soooooo isn't.

Tonight, as we had planned as of Saturday, my sister and I went to see the travelling production of the musical "Chicago". I love that musical. Of course, it is actually the only Broadway musical I have ever actually seen and I have now seen it three times. I saw it for the first time on Broadway seven years ago. I saw it again 2 and a half years ago back home in Regina, also through the touring production. It's quite funny and the songs are catchy and it is just so enjoyable. My sister and I managed to get box seats so it was nice not to have to climb over anyone to get in or out. I had never sat in a box so it was a new experience. My sister would have liked to have gotten a lower box and she didn't like how high it was. She also didn't like me pointing out how high it was. Anyway, today's favourite thing is the stage production of the musical "Chicago".

No comments:

Post a Comment