Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Despite any evidence to the contrary, I am not in fact crazy.

I have mentioned before that I was not exactly impressed with one of my former doctors when he didn't even take off my tensor to look at my ankle when I sprained it a few years ago. Today, I went to the doctor to get the ankle checked out again, as well as ask him what's up with my knees being all gross and grinding all the time. The doctor actually looked at my ankle and told me what may actually be the problem. Apparently it's too loose or something and I need to strengthen it. As for my knees, he suggested strengthening my quads. For both, he suggested physio because it would be partially covered by OHIP (Ontario Health....yadda yadda yadda). So, I went to the place he recommended and apparently OHIP only covers part of the cost of the therapy if you are under 19 or over 65. So if anyone has any suggestions to strengthen the ankles, please let me know. I think that my BodyPump class is good enough right now for my quads/knees.
I was worried about going to the doctor today because when I asked for the referral to that doctor, my knee and ankle were somewhat hurting, while today they weren't. I had asked a previous doctor about my knee when it wasn't actually hurting, and he told me to come back when it was. I wasn't impressed. So today's favourite thing is doctors that recognize a problem even when you are not in actual pain.
Tomorrow, I am going to get an XRAY done of my wrist, because the doctor thinks I may have a ganglion cyst on it or something. I think I have been to more doctors in the last two months than I have been to in the last 5 years. You'd think I was falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment