Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry et al...

Today, I saw the latest Harry Potter movie. I enjoyed it but once again they made some odd and unnecessary changes. It wasn't an ideal movie going for two additional reasons: A) A couple sat down in front of us that could really have used an introduction to either a shower or deodorant. I felt awkward getting up at the point to move although it was tempting; and B) I really had to pee through the second half of the movie but I didn't want to miss the movie so I stuck it out.
I found, as usual, that seeing the movie made me want to read the book again to help me remember what happened. The problem with that is I can't just start reading at book 6, I have to go all the way back to the beginning, which means I won't get to book 6 until next week probably. By then, I will have forgotten what much of the movie. It's really a vicious circle. If I had been smart I would have started the series again last week, but that didn't happen (obviously). That being said, today's favourite thing is the Harry Potter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment