Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rain, rain, go away....

Today, we walked to Old Quebec again and pretty much split up as soon as we got there. I went to the Musée de l`Amérique Francaise. I got there at 11:30 ish and went to find out when the next tour was. It turned out to be at 1:15 and because I was the first person to sign up for that tour, the tour was in English. I went to the actual museum for a while to look at the exhibits until it was time for the tour. I left the museum at 12:30 and got something to drink. The tour was quite good. The buildings were once used for a seminary, a grammar school and housed the first site of Laval University. I really enjoyed seeing the old buildings; although for people who have been to Europe, the buildings are quite new.
After the tour, I met up with my sister, which is when it started to rain. We huddled under an awning until we saw Connie at which point, we went out of the awning and I fell on my butt. Luckily, I didn`t actually get hurt.
We went over to the Chateau Frontenac and set up our tour for 4pm. I enjoyed that tour as well but the tour guide was in character and at times the character was a bit too much. Someday, when I have a real job and real money, I wouldn`t mind staying at the Chateau Frontenac but right now it`s a bit too expensive for me.
After that, I walked through the ruins of an old Chateau near the Chateau Frontenac and then we went down to lower town to have a look around. After that, we caught a taxi to get back to the hotel.
Anyway, today`s favourite thing is seeing places with a significant history attached to them. I say that because I am from Saskatchewan, a place that is barely over one hundred years old. The old parts of Quebec City are 4oo years old. By European and Asian standards, that`s pretty young, but I have never left North America so it`s old to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment