Saturday, May 16, 2009

"A life lived in fear is a life half lived"

If you know where the title quote comes from, you already know the topic of today's post. A couple of weeks ago, with new paycheque in the bank, I bought some of the things I had been wanting but couldn't afford seeing as how I was basically an unemployed bum. One of the things I bought was Baz Luhrman's Red Curtain trilogy. It contains the movies "Strictly Ballroom", "Romeo and Juliet", and "Moulin Rouge". Tonight I watched "Strictly Ballroom" for probably the 7th or 15th time and my sister partially watched it for the first time (she doesn't pay attention so good). I love that movie. It can been overly dramatic and melodramatic and cheesy at time but it is also very entertaining. I think it is where I got my first glimpse of flamenco before I knew what flamenco was. I hadn't seen the movie in a few years so it was nice to watch it again.

Here's one of my favourite scenes from the movie:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Wanda, now I have to re-watch it!!! Oh well, I always enjoy it!
    MG

    ReplyDelete