Monday, May 11, 2009

You look horribly familiar...

I have mentioned this many a time before but I really like Monday night television. It has 4 of the shows I like the most ("Big Bang Theory", "How I Met Your Mother", "Castle", and "Chuck" - all of which contain at least one person that has worked on something with Mr Joss Whedon). Tonight was the season finale for Big Bang Theory and Castle. They were both quite enjoyable. I only really started watching "Castle" because of Mr. Nathan Fillion who I loved in so many things ("Firefly"/"Serenity", "Waitress", "SLiTHER" and "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog" to name a few) and I really started enjoying it. Nathan Fillion plays arrogantly charming quite well. He also plays charmingly loathsome quite well, as shown by his character, Captain Hammer, in "Dr. Horrible".
In addition to the fact that it was "Castle" night, it was also "How I Met Your Mother" night which contains another of my favourites - Mr. Neil Patrick Harris, who is hysterically shameless as Barney Stinson.
So the combination of Nathan Fillion and Neil Patrick Harris both having TV shows on the same night, plus the fact that I decided to re-watch "Dr. Horrible",which stars them both (and also co- stars Simon Helberg (aka Wolowitz) from "Big Bang Theory"), made it quite the awesome night for TV.
I continue to urge people to check out "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog"; the trailer for which is available below:

So today's favourite thing is a night of TV that contains a whole lot of both Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion. Adam Baldwin would be in there too if a) "Chuck"'s season hadn't ended two weeks ago and b) he had also been in "Dr. Horrible."

PS. There are rumours going around about a sequel to "Dr. Horrible" so look out for it on a computer near you. I will no doubt post something on my blog when it is known for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment