Saturday, May 30, 2009

On a quest

Earlier this week, I found out that a chain of bookstores was having a sale for their club members. Basically, instead of just saving 10% by showing your member card, you saved 20%. Pretty sweet for someone who does tend to buy a lot of books. I usually just buy books by authors I have enjoyed in the past. I like to buy them because occasionally waiting for them to come into the library seems to take forever. If they are part of a popular series, it takes even longer because a ginormous a number of people have holds on them and you end up being number 462 on the hold list. Anyway, I had two books that I wanted to get. At the first location, only one of the books was in so I decided to the location that had the second book and buy them both there. Only I forgot to make sure the place that had the second book also had the first. It didn't. I was annoyed. But I did buy the second book just because I didn't want to take my chances on a third store. In the end, I have both books that I wanted for less then I would have paid on any other weeked (gas, on the other hand............). Anyway, today's favourite thing is book sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment