Friday, May 22, 2009

Wrecked....

The other night, I clicked on a link from someone's twitter. That link brought me to a pretty cool blog which in turn pointed to another cool blog. That final blog linked me to a blog called "Cake Wrecks". While the other two blogs are quite funny, "Cake Wrecks" had me howling with laughter (I am pretty sure that wasn't even an exaggeration. I can only imagine what the people that were working on our house the last couple days must have been thinking, what with the crazy wolf lady in the basement). For those who don't plan to access my handy dandy links, "Cake Wrecks" is a blog that showcases hilarious blunders by professional cake decorators. Professional in the sense that the decorators were paid for the cakes.
Two of the wrecks come to mind when I try to think of the ones I laughed at the most. The first one was a cake that was supposed to say "Happy Fatherhood". Somehow, cake cake ended up saying "Happy Falker Satherhood." There is a video of the people that ordered the cake going to the bakery to see if they could figure out what the decorator was thinking. The first two minutes amused me.
The second one is difficult to explain. The funniest part about it is the backstory on how it came to be. It is basically a cake that says "Good Luck in China" with an unfortunate picture of a fireman on it. I highly recommend that you read that post or at least see the picture.
There is plenty more on that sight that amused me, and will hopefully amuse you, but I will let you find it on your own. I am just so happy that I found that blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment