Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gimme a break!

Today, I had to work. It wasn't too bad but it was pretty busy. I only got one of the two breaks I was supposed to get and that was when I was there for nearly 5 hours. But seeing as how we aren't actually payed for breaks, I am not actually heartbroken if I don't get both of them. I have had jobs in the past where sometimes I got breaks and sometimes I didn't. I worked alone there for the most part so I really only got breaks if someone else was on with me, in which case, I kinda took my time with my break unless it got really busy. In the job that I had between that job and the job I had now, it was a completely different story: I got breaks every 40 minutes to an hour and they were not optional. I quite enjoyed that part of it but the breaks weren't super long so you had to budget your time wisely. What was nice was that there were a number of different people having the same break you were so if you went back to the floor the same time they did, odds were you didn't have to worry about being late.
So even though I didn't get my second break today, my favourite thing today is getting a break at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment