Friday, April 10, 2009

A Good Friday tradition of sorts

In my family, Good Friday was the day where we coloured our Easter eggs. Growing up, this would happen at my grandparents' farm using a whole bunch of boiled eggs, those PAAS colouring kits, crayons and even hot wax. It was an enjoyable time for me, my sisters and my cousins to share that activity. Eventually, we kept the tradition going but in the city with only a few of our family members. This year, being that we are in a completely different province, it was only my sister and I colouring our eggs. We only made about six and my sister didn't quite remember how to make the dye (using food colouring) but they turned out okay. After all the eggs had one coat, we added oil to the dye. It didn't do much but it made cool designs even if the colour ended up less than desirable. So today's favourite thing is colouring Easter eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment