Monday, April 20, 2009

Not a lot going on...

Last week was the final episode of a TV show called "Corner Gas." "Corner Gas" is a Canadian TV show that was filmed in Regina,SK (where I am from). It's pretty much a show about life in a small, fictional Canadian town called "Dog River." It was quite funny and lasted for 6 seasons. I had the first two seasons on DVD and watched them a lot when I was living in Boston and homesick for Saskatchewan. I didn't tend to watch the episode when they were actually airing but I loved having the DVDs around. They definitely make me laugh. In its six season, it featured two of Canada's sitting Prime Ministers as well as various Canadian celebrities including politicians (PM-Paul Martin, PM - Stephen Harper, MP - Ralph Goodale, Sask Premier - Lorne Calvert, Regina Mayor - Pat Fiacco), musicians (the Tragically Hip, Jann Arden, Colin James), reporters (Lloyd Robertson) and actors (Shirley Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland) and that's just off the top of my head, I probably forgot quite a few. Yesterday, I bought seasons 3 and 4 and have been working my way through them for the past couple of days. I have been enjoying them quite a lot. So has my sister.
Here's a clip from the first episode ever:


The show has a good mixture of language based humour and snarkiness that is a combination I really like. Plus, it is filmed in and about Saskatchewan so I am really able to relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment