Friday, April 3, 2009

Yaawwwwnnnn!

As I have previously mentioned, I actually (finally) got a job. My first two shifts were yesterday and today starting at 8am. This meant that I had to be up not long after 6am. That was, sadly, 6 hours earlier than I had been waking up for the last little while. Because my sleeping pattern wasn't suitable for waking up that early, I have been really tired the past few days. Both last night and tonight I have been dozing in front of the TV. Tonight, I was watching my normal reruns of shows on this one channel called Omni. It has Family Guy, Friends, Two and a Half Men and the Simpsons in a block from 6 - 8. I was able to keep away for Friends and Two and a Half Men but couldn't keep awake during the Simpsons. I was awake enough to know what episode it was but other than that it slipped right past me. My dozing didn't last long though because at 8 the Italian news came on and for some reason I am able to filter out English while foreign languages wake me up. That little bit of a nap got me through "Dollhouse" but left me tired enough that I may actually be able to get to sleep at a decent hour tonight (as in before midnight). So today's favourite things are booster naps that get you through what you need to get through but leave you tired enough that you can actually sleep at the appropriate time.

No comments:

Post a Comment