Wednesday, April 1, 2009

But I don't want to...

For some reason, I got it into my head that my sister would be getting home from work early. I don't know why. Apparently, I must have imagine her telling me that would be the case because she had no idea what was talking about. But it gave me hope that she would be home late enough that I would not be able to make it to the gym. Alas, she arrived home in plenty of time. It was sad, especially because being unable to go to the gym was firmly entrenched in my head by that point. I just really didn't want to go to the gym today, and was fully holding my ground against her telling me that I should (I know I should. Should is not the issue, want is the issue), until she pulled her trump card that she is actually paying for my gym membership. Sigh. This entire debate would not have even have been had if she was going with me, but she is still recovering from being sick so she did not go with me. So, I went. It wasn't as bad as I had been building it up to be and as of this moment. I am glad I went. Tomorrow may be a different story because of the soreness, but it's not an issue right now. Anyway, today's favourite thing is external motivation, because if I had to only rely on myself for somethings, they would never get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment