Thursday, January 8, 2009

And confirmed by Wikipedia

As the title suggeests, today's favourite thing is Wikipedia. To quote Mr. Michael Scott of Dunder Mifflin, "WIkipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know that you're getting the best possible information." While the validity of that statement is questionable, I really like using Wikipedia to find info or confirm something. It may not be the most reliable tool ever but I have, thus far, found it to be quite accurate. Today, I used it to confirm the different between the accent grave and the accent acute in French. I began a French class today (my first in around 6 years) and my teacher interchanged them. Rather than questioning my own knowledge, I came home and looked it up on Wikipedia. I was right. So yay me!

1 comment: