Thursday, January 1, 2009

"I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake"

Today was a travel day for me. I came back to Ottawa after spending Christmas and New Year's Eve with my family in Saskatchewan. Because the traveling time was shorter, we decided to take the flight that left at 7AM. This meant that we had to get to the airport at least an hour in advance. We got there two hours in advance because our airline called us to tell us to get there a bit early due to higher traffic and they didn't want us to miss our flight because of delays at security. So this meant that we had to leave for the airport at 4:30AM. After New Year's Eve. I suppose I could have went to bed before midnight but I probably wouldn't have gotten to sleep right away anyway. Occasionally, I don't get to bed til around 4 anyway so I was considering just staying up all night, but I decided that that is usually an option when you can actually sleep in the next morning and I hate sleeping on planes. So I decided to go to bed, but I should have made that decision about 2 hours before I actually got there because I went to sleep at 2:30. I had to be up at four. Needless to say I was basically a zombie all morning. I got some sleep in the (what felt like hours) we were on the plane before takeoff on the flight from Winnipeg but other than that not a whole lot of sleep was had. So this afternoon, after I ate and showered, I had a much needed 3 hour nap this afternoon/ evening. I definitely feel better but could still use about three years more. I am hoping that I can still get some sleep tonight. I think that I do enjoy spending 5 hours travelling as opposed to 10 even if I have to wake up at Why-the-Heck-am-I-awake? o'clock but next time I will attempt to get more sleep before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment