Friday, January 23, 2009

You mean they are actually used for exercise?

On Wednesdays, at the gym I go to for BodyPump, there is a class that uses those big exercise balls right before my class starts. When I see them, I think "Wow, people actually exercise with those things." Then I catch myself and remember that exercising is actually what they were made for. As I write this, I am sitting by the computer with my feet resting nicely on one of those balls. When I lived in Boston, my desk chair was one of those balls. When I lived at my parents, we had one of those balls in the computer room that we used with the chairs that didn't recline or we didn't feel like actually turning into a recliner. So I don't think I have ever used a exercise ball for it's actual purpose. If the bus strike ever ends, I may have to try that class, but until then, my favourite thing with continue to be using exercise balls for pretty much anything other than exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment