Saturday, January 17, 2009

This is kinda embarassing............

I love to read. Most of the books that I read are trashy romance novels though so it's not like it's some sort of intellectual endeavor that I am participating in. I can't afford to buy all of the books that I want to read so the library is great. However, there are books that I want to read that are not in the library I go to so I put them on hold. For other people, putting books on hold at the library is maybe a........let's face it, I don't know how often people put books on hold at the library. I just know how much I do. And I do it a lot. A lot. I mean a scary amount. When I lived in Saskatchewan, I once figured out that the maximum amount of books you could have on hold at any given time was 20. I would search for something by one author or on one subject and have all of them put on hold. Then, I would end up going to the library every single day to pick up the books as they came in. When I was taking French and Spanish classes at the university,, I would put kids books on hold in both those langauges. At one point, I had the book "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch out in French, English, and Spanish at the same time. It was a sad day. As far as addictions go, being addicted to putting books on hold at the library is not that detrimental (other than to your social life) but it is still an embarassing addiction to have. Especially to try to explain. But to make a long post less long, my favourite thing of the day is putting books on hold at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment