Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a good 2008. I should totally be asleep right now as I am leaving for the airport at 4:30AM but I decided to do this before I actually go to sleep. For today's post, I am going to write about some of my favourite things of 2008. Some of them have or will have their own posts but for now it's just a list. In no particular order,...
  • Panera Bread (American restaurant, really good sandwiches and soup. One of the things I miss most about Boston)
  • Joss Whedon TV shows (I discovered Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly this year. Also, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog was awesome)
  • The Sims 2 (for PC)
  • Television Without Pity (Snarky recaps of your favourite shows, what more could you want?)
  • Tina Fey as Sarah Palin
  • Neil Patrick Harris
  • I discovered some new and amusing websites this year. See my blog roll. I also enjoy www.tvtropes.org
  • Twitter (I don't use it often but I like reading what other people are saying)
  • Hulu (although I can't use it in Canada)
  • Flamenco (That's not a new favourite, but I saw some amazing flamenco performances in '08)
  • Living with my sister (It's been an adventure, especially with her doing a new thing everyday. It kept me on my toes)
  • Using acronyms for phrases even if it's shorter to say the actual phrase (ex. btw for "by the way")
  • Quoting random TV quotes in casual conversation (It's a sickness)
  • Having an actual TV and using a DVR to record certain shows. (Awesomeness)
  • TV Shows that are online (How I caught up on TV when I didn't have one)
  • TV on DVD

I probably have a few more favourites but I am getting tired. I hope everyone has a great 2009!

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully you made it home alright! Me - I am still not at home (see my blog). Talk to you later.....Have a great year!!!!

    ReplyDelete