Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"If love was a plane, nobody'd get on!"

Way back in 2007, I came here to Ottawa to visit my sister. She had recently gotten a CD by Brad Paisley and was playing it pretty much incessantly in the car. We both loved it. Pretty much everytime I came back to visit her after that, it was in the car as well. She claims that she listened to other CDs between visits but I am not entirely sure that I believe her. Anyway, we haven't really listened to that CD since I moved in with her but last week we put it back in the car radio. I still really enjoy the CD. Brad Paisley is the sort of singer that gets away with singing about odd things simply because he is Brad Paisley. Any other singer that sang about wanting to check someone for ticks would ....well, I don't know but it wouldn't be good. The first time I heard that song, I was like "Did he just say 'I want to check you for ticks'? That's pretty creepy." Then I actually caught the rest of the words and it turns out that the aforementioned line is the least creepy part of the song. Yet, somehow, I still enjoy the song with all its creepy innuendos and such. I really enjoy Brad Paisley because he doesn't take himself too seriously. In fact, generally speaking, I tend to enjoy his sillier songs more than his more serious songs.
Probably my favourite songs of his are "Little Moments" and "With you, Without you." "Little Moments" is from a previous CD. It's a pretty sweet song and has one of my favourite lines of pretty much any song just because it's so darn specific:"When she's layin' on my shoulder on the sofa in the dark/ And about the time she falls asleep so does my right arm/ And I want so bad to move it 'cause it's tinglin' and it's numb/ But she looks so much like an angel that I don't wanna wake her up". I don't know why I like "With you, Without you" so much but I can't just listen to it once. My hand goes to the repeat button 2 or 3 times everytime the CD gets to that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment