Sunday, February 1, 2009

So many things....

I have a few favourite things today that are loosely tied together. First of all, my sister made a semantic mistake today that I, of course, decided to take advantage of. You see, generally, when she cooks, I clean up and when I cook, I clean up......Wait, that doesn't seem right. Hmmmm........ Anyway, after supper today, she said I could do dishes anytime. I gladly said "Sure," taking her at her word. She soon realized her mistake and amended that I could do them anytime today. So first off, I enjoy taking the most literal meaning of things if it works to my advantage. At about 7, my sister had this craving for Lemon Meringue pie without the meringue (I guess that just makes it Lemon Pie, but anyways.....). Unfortunately, we had neither the stuff for the filling or for the crust. She offered to do the dishes if I would go to the store for the supplies. I agreed. Which leads me to favourite thing number two: Getting out of one thing by doing something else that is much more work intensive and time consuming. That doesn't seem right either, but moving on.... So I got the supplies and she made the pie which we ate too late at night for it to be properly classified as "dessert." But it was quite good, making my third favourite thing Lemon Meringue pie without the meringue.

No comments:

Post a Comment