Sunday, February 15, 2009

So addictive

Today was a pretty nice and relaxing day for me. I played some games on my Nintendo DS, read a book, watched some TV, ate unusual food, and read some more. Much of which allowed me to be huddled under my nice big blanket on the couch. But back to that first thing...A couple of years ago, I came here to Ottawa to visit my sister and she got me addicted to the Sims 2. A game we didn't have back home. It was terrible. I eventually found out that there was a version for the Nintendo DS, so I bought myself a DS. I kind of wanted one anyway because I had tried my cousin's and thought it was pretty fun. It was a lot of money; I could have bought the game for cheaper. Because it was expensive, I pretty much didn't tell anyone in my family that I had this Nintendo game console. After about a week of having this really odd secret all to myself, I told one of my sisters but she was sworn to secrecy. It wasn't until I had moved to Boston that I actually let my mom know that I had this game thing. All things considered, this secret was a really weird secret to have and I don't know why I felt the urge to keep it a secret but there you have it. Last year, I let my sister try my DS and she ended up getting one for herself; she now has more games than I do. She also got one for my mom when my mom broke her arm to stifle the boredom of not being able to do anything. My niece loves it. My mom probably does too, when my niece lets her use it. Anyway, yesterday my sister bought two new games. I have been playing both of them pretty steadily for the last day or so, with one of the game cards in my console and one in hers. I think my sister probably would enjoy the games as well, but I seem to be a bit like my niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment