Wednesday, February 4, 2009

P.S. Moo!

I had actually planned a post for today earlier, I hadn't really written anything but I actually had some sort of idea of what I was going to write about. I normally spend minutes (literally, minutes!) at the end of the day trying to figure out what to write about so having an idea before getting to the computer was big. But then, something happened that was even more awesome so I had to rethink today's post.
I have been living with my sister for about 5 months now and it has been interesting. For the first four, she was continuing her 2008 New Years resolution to do a new thing everyday. That was pretty interesting because you never knew what was going to happen. Some days things would be pretty normal.....And well, some days you would walk into the kitchen to find a steaming toothbrush in a pan on the stove. Of course, she would be the one to ask you what you were doing. All you can say in response is "What are YOU doing?" with the appropriate note of befuddlement in your voice.
Her new thing-a -day resolution ended on Dec. 31, 2008 and she has just been sporadically updating her blog with rants or, occasionally, actual new things. Today, sparked by something she saw on the web, she decided she wanted to make a cake in a mug. As soon as she stated this, I knew it would be going in her blog. While, I just made mine with no production, she actually had to take pictures so she could document it fully for her blog.
It's been pretty interesting living with her but tonight she said something that will live in infamy. She erroneously said that I was "sad" (not necessarily the emotion, it was more a comment on my thought processes) while she was "normal." Her assertion that she was "normal" (I will always use quotes when using that word to describe her.), while laughable on its own, was then followed by her eloquent and awesome statement "P.S. Moo! I haven't laughed that much in a while because it was a brilliant followup to her statement that she was "normal." It was completely random and just, well, odd. I realize that the hilarity of the moment will never be matched in simple blog post but it was pretty much an awesome conclusion to an otherwise uneventful day.

P.S. Colette, I hope I can still live with you after this! Also, moo!

3 comments: