Thursday, February 26, 2009

Perogies!

I really enjoy perogies. Today we didn't really know what to have for supper, so my sister just decided to cook the perogies she made a few weeks ago. You can find the recipe here. Living in Saskatchewan, perogies were quite the common food to be found at many different potlucks or community events. I don't know how common they are in other places. I know I had a difficult time finding them when I was living in Boston. I enjoy a few different types of perogies but my favourite type are the homemade perogies filled with cheesy mashed potatoes. So good. Some bought brands are definitely better than others and I enjoy the "Cheemo" brand ones. You can usually find perogies in the frozen sections of your local supermarkets or European grocers. There are a number of different ways to prepare them but I tend to just boil them and/or fry them in butter with onions. People eat them with sour cream and bacon bits as well. I tend just eat mine quite plainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment