Monday, December 22, 2008

Are we there yet?

I am so glad to not be in an airplane or an airport that that is my favourite thing of the day. Today was the most excruciating day for flying I have ever had (That being said, I haven't been many places and I have never been out of North America). The east coast had a bunch of storms going on so that pretty much gummed up most of the flights for the rest of the country. I doubt that any flight that happened today was on time. We got to the airport in Ottawa a few hours early and ate and took our leisurely time walking through the airport, laughing at all the suckers going out east whose planes were delayed or cancelled. Then our plane was delayed. Yay us! It was pretty much only about a half hour delayed to start with which wasn't bad because we had a four hour stopover in Winnipeg. So we boarded the plane and waited and waited and waited......and waited. I managed to drive my sister up the wall before we even made it the runway because she had a book to read while I did not. Awhile into this waiting period the pilot told us that we had to wait a bit longer because the bridge would not detach from the plane. Eventually the plane was successfully detached but they had to ensure that no damage was caused to the plane. No damage was found, so off we go, do de do. When we arrived in Winnipeg, the pilot announced that there were no gates ready for us so we had wait on the plane for another half an hour. Sigh. We finally disembarked and found a place to eat. There really is nothing through security in Winnipeg so our food was less than exciting. Our flight from Winnipeg to Regina was delayed about forty minutes. Luckily we weren't flying to Saskatoon because that flight was delayed to after one am. Our second flight was pretty uneventful and short and we are now at my parents house so yay!!! I am hoping that the way back is less eventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment