Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yum

Today, I made one of my favourite types of bun from our leftover mashed potatoes. So good. Never mind the fact that I only had leftover mashed potatoes because I measured out the amount I need for the buns. They are called Golden Potato Rolls.

I don't know where my mom got the recipe but I am so happy that she put it in the recipe book she gave me, my sisters, and several of my cousins. From start to finish they take about 3-4 hours because there are a couple of periods where they have to rise but totally worth it. The rolls had big chunks of potatoes in them because apparently yesterday I did not cook the potatoes well enough before I mashed them, but other than that they were pretty good. The recipe asks for all-purpose flour but I usually put in some whole wheat and adjust the recipe accordingly. If anyone want copy of the recipe, let me know and I will post it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment