Monday, December 15, 2008

Now is not the time to be awesome...Oh, but it so is!

As I mentioned last week, Mondays are the day when I pick a TV show (from Mondays) and write about it. This week, the winner is Chuck. No question. I watched the pilot last year but I never really got into it until this year. Probably because last year I had to watch it online and this year I have a TV and can watch it when it is actually on, and then again, and again,.....and again. And probably a couple more times. For those of you that don't know, Chuck is a about a guy named Chuck (go figure!) who received an email from his old college roommate that effectively filled his head with government secrets. He is now protected by a guy from the NSA (Casey, played by Adam Baldwin of Firefly and Angel and one episode of Bones - well that's where I know him from) who growls a lot, and a girl from the CIA (Sarah, played by Yvonne Strahovski) who is his cover girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend of the guy that sent the email. So basically he has his bumbling spy life with Casey and Sarah, and his actual life with his sister Ellie, Ellie's fiance Captain Awesome (or Devin, as is his actual name), his BFF Morgan and his Buy More coworkers. His family and friends have no idea about his spy life. Tonight's episode was pretty awesome and at one point my sister and I said "Wow!" simltaneously. It was a pretty awesome moment if by awesome you mean horrifying and sad. Sadly this is the last episode til February but it was a great episode to go out on. You can watch episodes online at citytv.com (in Canada) or on Hulu (US), or rent or borrow the Season 1 DVDs from a video store or library.

No comments:

Post a Comment