Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I can't think of a clever title so this will have to do.

So today I did the BodyPump class at the gym. I have done this class a few times and I enjoy how strong it makes me feel even though I usually have the least amount of weight possible on my bar. I have definitely noticed the difference in my body since starting the class and it is the class that I do that I can tell is working to shape different muscle groups. Many of the other classes seem to be focused more on cardio while this more about weight training. The hardest part is figuring out how much weight to use for each of the different muscle groups. The instructor gives guidelines about how much to use but you also have to base it on how much you actually can do. I bumped the weight for my squats today which seemed like the 'smart' thing to do right before Christmas but it wasn't a huge leap so I think I'll be okay. On a related note, I think I did something not so good to a glute so I have to figure out a good way of stretching it. I have tried a bunch of different stretches but none of the seem to really hit the spot. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. "I have definitely noticed the difference in my body since starting the class and it is the class that I do there that totally tell is working to shape different muscle groups. " - huh?

    ReplyDelete