Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Do overs

On Friday, I decided to get a haircut. My hair was getting long and mangy looking and I increasingly had to put actual effort into styling it. I knew which place I wanted to go to, because it is the chain of hair salons I always go to. I did not, however, know where one of those elusive hair salons were located when you actually have a car you can drive. I usually go to the one way downtown near the Rideau Centre because the Rideau Centre is easy to get to by bus. But currently there is a bus strike and traffic is awful and downtown is not just downtown when I am driving, it is DOWNTOWN (Like it's some sort of Bermuda Triangle that if you get there you will never come back the same, or on time to pick your sister up at work.) So I drove hither and yon, up and down the streets of Ottawa (not randomly, I had some idea of where to go) looking for this hair salon chain, when a) I could have phoned my sister to ask where to go or B) I could have just gone home and looked it up on the computer or C) thought of this before I left the house. I finally decided to choose option B when I saw the sign but by that point it was too late and I had to do some fancy maneuvering to get back because traffic was awful (see above about the transit strike). I finally arrive at the salon and am ushered to a seat. My stylist was very slow however and took a longer time to cut my hair than I had expected . I wasn't entirely pleased with it but I didn't want to sit around for another hour for her to fix it so I paid and left. Luckily with this chain, you can go back within 1 week of the original haircut and get them to fix it, so that is what I did today. The stylist I had today was much faster and she seemed to understand what my hair needed and how to fix it. I am much happier with my hair today. So my favouritest thing of the day is First Choice Haircutters for their relatively inexpensive prices and the opportunity to go back to get your hair fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment