Monday, December 1, 2008

Shaking it up

I started going to my current gym in September. It's a Canadian chain called Goodlife Fitness. I am generally not the sort of person that enjoys go to the gym just to on a machine or four for an hour. I really need motivation. So the group exercise classes that they offer there have really been an added incentive for me to go to the gym. One of my favourite exercise classes is called Zumba. It's a very energetic dance based workout. It's also a lot of fun. Once you've been to a few classes, it's quite easy to follow. The girl that leads my class changes it up quite a bit every week but she also keeps some of the same songs and routines so that you have that familiarity with it as well. I don't believe that Goodlife has the exclusive Canadian rights for Zumba like it does for some of the other group exercise classes it offers so you may be able to find it in other venues. The other dance exercise class I have gone to at GoodLife (BodyJam) is enjoyable as well but it requires you to remember sometimes lengthy routines for multiple songs. Zumba changes the routine with each song, so each song has it's own choreography. I also, personally, do not feel like I have 6 left feet when I do Zumba like I occasionally do when I do BodyJam. (Yes, I apparently gain 4 extra feet, thank you for asking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment