Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

I hope everyone that celebrates Christmas has a good one. Thus far, it has been a pretty good one for me. I ate good food. Saw my family. Opened my presents. Won some games, and sadly lost some others. It's been a good day. Tomorrow is full of more good food and family interactions so that will be fun. I am trying to think of my favourite part of today but it has been a very good day so far so I am coming up with a bunch. I really enjoy some of our family traditions. First of all, I love apple strudel. We have it for Christmas every year and joy of joys I did not have to be the one to make it. It was made before I arrived on Monday so yay. Today I also enjoyed seeing the presents that everyone received and our tradition of opening one present at a time in ascending age order. It worked quite well for the people over five years old. My four year old niece just unwrapped gifts continously because otherwise we would have been there all night. I enjoyed spending Christmas Eve with my Aunt and Uncle's family. I also enjoyed the $10 gift exchange. Each of us buys a $10 gift and put them in a pile in the middle of the room. We each choose gift to unwrap or steal one from someone else. I believe there are a number of different names for it. Sadly, there was one missed tradition this year. I don't know if it's tradition so much as something that seems to happen nearly every year. The tradition: someone forgetting to wrap a present and put it under the tree. Everyone got the appropriate gifts this year so that's good. A couple years ago, my aunt forgot to wrap one of her kids presents so she had to run back upstairs to grab it. The present was a pair of gloves, and in her haste, she ended up giving him two right gloves.
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment