Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh, you just got burned, phonics style

As I mentioned in a previous post, I really enjoy the show How I Met Your Mother. For Christmas this year, I received the DVDs for season 2 (see also my post on TV DVDs). As I was watching them over the last couple days, I realized how much I enjoyed the character of Marshall (played by Jason Segel). I then realized that I never mentioned Marshall as one of the reasons I like that show and only really mentioned him in relationship to his haircut. So I decided to use a whole post to rectify that situation. Marshall (and Jason Segel) crack me up. Marshall is a pretty lovable guy. He gets excited over odd things, loves to do the robot, has some of the best facial expressions (maybe not the absolute best. I am looking at you, Jim Halpert), has a sort of innocence about him, and loves Lily very much. As for Jason Segel, I first saw him in Freaks and Geeks about ten years ago, and I have definitely found a few of his recent projects very enjoyable. Much like I very much enjoy any movie where Hugh Grant dances, I think that things can be very much improved in so many ways by having Jason Segel sing:
(Freaks and Geeks)

(Forgetting Sarah Marshall)
I posted the following video in the post about How I Met Your Mother, but it applies here too.

(How I Met Your Mother)
His dancing also is a bit of a high point....

(about 2 minutes in, Freaks and Geeks)

(How I Met Your Mother)

No comments:

Post a Comment