Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Listen to the rhythm, don't be scared"

Today was my last Flamenco class of the year. I really like flamenco, although lately I have been having trouble getting my feet, hands, head and torso coordinated so as not to look like I am having trouble getting my feet, hands, head and torso coordinated. The frustration with the moves was getting me down but today I was reminded why I like the class. I still had trouble with the moves but my teacher brought in a guitarist to accompany us. There is just something about dancing to live music that makes things so much better. There is just this energy that is involved that reminds me why I love dancing. The first belly dance show I saw after I started taking classes was one that only had live musicians and drumming. It continues to be one of the best shows I've seen. After the main show, the drummers continued drumming and audience members were allowed to dance. I remember doing the same move over and over and over because I didn't know many others but I was just so wrapped up in the music and the rhythms that it really didn't matter. I am more likely to dance if there are other people dancing as well, but once I am up there I have the best time and time flys.

No comments:

Post a Comment