Sunday, December 21, 2008

"'Tis the season to be jolly and joyous"

Today for my sister's new thing she transferred some videos from VHS to DVD. This meant we spent much of the evening watching Muppet Family Christmas and old home videos of Christmases past. I love Muppet Family Christmas. It is funny, a bit cheesy, sweet, has people hanging on coat hangers in the closet and spends 12 minutes on singing Christmas carols. It also has Jim Henson in it which is cool because he died soon after I believe. I had to keep reminding myself to just enjoy the movie because I kept thinking about the plot holes. I mean its a movie with puppets, there has to be some leeway. It was also nice to re watch the Family videos to see my grandparents who passed away a number of years ago and also to see how much has changed. I would have liked not to see some of my wardrobe and hair choices though (Other people's wardrobe and hair choices I just thought were funny so I liked seeing those). The camera work was rather shaky being the novice filmmakers that we are/were, and it seemed indescribably long just watching people open present after present but it was fun to remember when we got something or how lame the gift we/I got someone was. A lot has changed since then (but then it was bound to, it was ten years ago) but it was nice to go back and see how things were. I should now continue packing so that I can head home tomorrow barring any flight cancellations or unforeseen disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment